Thursday, April 4, 2013

Why the heck do you have this Blog?

Why the heck do you have this Blog?
Well, I will tell you why.
Back on October 31st of 2012 I was working a trade show in Orlando FL.
I went out to dinner that night with a old friend that lived in town and found I had "lost my voice"

This was not uncommon.
It had been happening every year in January when I had attended my industries biggest trade show.
Five days of non stop talking long into the night always meant a few days of raspy voice at the end.

So, when I woke up November 1st and could not talk, I thought, no big thing.
I came on home to North Carolina and brought a cold back with me.
I knew that I would be down for a couple of days with the cold, then be right as the mail after that.

The cold left after three days, as always.
What did not leave was the raspy voice.
I sounded like the Grandpa on the Simpsons cartoon.
 
I waited it out, as I knew it was going to come back tomorrow.
At the end of November, I could not wait anymore.

I picked a ENT and went in for a check
Of course, in my mind, I had stage 10 throat cancer.

A very painless, but slightly uncomfortable tube was threaded up my nose and down my throat.
The small camera on the end of it told the story
Total left vocal cord paralysis.

I am going to pick this up tomorrow, as it's is late now
But I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced this malady.
There is very little info on the web about it.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment